This is the 20
th year of Ruth's Block Exchange and I think we have the largest group of all the 20 years. This year there are 17 of us participating. I managed to complete all of my blocks before the February meeting. Although I have been busy doing work on my guest room (I will post about that another time), I wanted to try to get all my blocks for everyone done in the first month and I did.
I have included both the sample block from the quilter and my block for the quilter. Enjoy!

This is my block, the house that is. I also asked for a tree if the quilter has time. I am going to make a quilt for a new Habitat Lansing homeowner and it will be similar to the quilt I made that hangs in the board room at the Habitat Lansing office.

This is Daisy's sample block. She gave everyone a different leaf fabric for the small square pieces.

This is my block for Daisy.

These are Roxie's blocks and I just love them. I think they may be in a future quilt. Roxie asked for one with white on black and a second with black on white fabric.

Mine for Roxie.

Beth has a whole collection of these Friendship Star blocks and she wants more.

I made three for Beth.

I realize that I messed up the order of the pictures so mine will be first from now on. This is my block for Jan. Jan is on a bike ride across the southern states. See the sidebar on my blog with a link to her journal.

These are Jan's sample blocks. We all just loved the Christmas Present block. I am sure we will be seeing this block again.
Seally was helping me take the pictures of my blocks. I mentioned to her that there was a black cat on Terry's block and what do you know....there she is!!!

This is my block for Terry.

Terry gave everyone a fabric print of an antique Halloween card and asked us to make a block using the piece. She likes the antique look of the prints.

This is my block for Lisa. She is making a quilt for her daughter, Claire.

This is Lisa's sample block.

My block for Eileen.

Eileen made several sample blocks. I just love this block and can't wait to see what it looks like when she has all the blocks together.

This is my block for Dorothy. A rose is a rose.

Dorothy's sample block.

My block for Phyllis. It was really hard making a block for Phyllis in colors that are just not her...

Phyllis's block ...this must be a gift for a relative.

My block for Linda, she and Phyllis chose blocks that are very similar.

Linda made two sample blocks. The lower one got pieced wrong..can you find the error?

Of all the blocks I made this year, this is my favorite. I am going to have a hard time giving it to Carol Sc.

Carol Sc's block, it is sitting on point.

This is my block for Bonnie. Bonnie did these same blocks a few years ago and guess what....I used the same fabric that I did a few years ago. See her sample blocks below.

Bonnie showed us the lighter blocks from a few years ago as her sample blocks, mine is in the upper right. See the same fabric?
Seally didn't understand why I made a block using colors of two dogs. This block is for Ruth and she wanted us to use colors of her dogs, Sadie and Dora. I added leopard print to give homage to felines.

Ruth's sample blocks.

My block for Georgia. The plaids are from her husband's old shirts. I sure hope he doesn't go looking for them.

Georgia's sample block.

My block for Debra. Debra wanted blocks depicting birds. She didn't make a sample block since she wants different blocks from everyone. Debra and her husband are bird lovers as are several of us quilters. Oh...By the way, I think I saw a Peregrine Falcon in my backyard a week ago. He/she was going after some other birds in my yard and then perched on my maple tree. I took several pictures but they didn't turn out. I checked my bird book and I am pretty sure it had to have been a Peregrine Falcon.

My block for Louise. She gave us all the little pieced triangles that were salvaged from other projects.

Louise's sample blocks. I think a kid quilt is in the works.
I haven't really been watching the Olympics but I managed to catch a few minutes of the USA v Canada hockey game on Sunday evening. The USA won in large part due to the skills of goalie Ryan Miller, an East Lansing native. I used to walk to school with his father, Dean , when I was in kindergarten!!! He comes from a large family of hockey players, some who are professionals including his grandfather, great uncle, father, brother and cousins.
The last few days have felt like Spring is on the way but a big storm is predicted with lots of snow. I am so over the snow and cold weather. Bring me SPRING!!!!!
6 comments:
Cindy, You are absolutely correct about my block--it is for a sister. I'm not sure how I feel about being known so well. Your blocks look great. Nice work. I have your house done, but didn't send it because I didn't have the tree. soon. Love the block you made me (even tho it isn't "me")
Phyllis
The blocks you made for me are purrr-fect.
Thanks
You have done well.........I'm saving some machine pieced blocks for Quilting By the Lake in April.
Your pictures are good reference. Thanks
Wow, you've been busy. It looks like everyone is making beautiful, interesting quilts.
Love my block! ...and, now that I've seen it, I will look forward to "getting" it. You have been busy, busy, busy! Our road was not passable ---missed block exchange.
Why travel to Chicago in April to see quilts when you can just come to Cindy's blog and get lots of eye candy. Great job Cindy.
Post a Comment