Sunday, March 7, 2010

More Quilt A Long Blocks

The Scrap Fever Group has been making Bonnie's Quilt A Long blocks. Here are some of their beauties.

Norine made these.
This set has more of a "country" look.

This one uses repro fabrics.

Ruby P's blocks are so soft and subtle. More like a whisper compared to some others that are screaming with color.

Mary is making these sunny blocks.

Carolyn is using Kaffe Fassett fabrics.

I believe these are Louise's blocks. I love the colors.

Louise's blocks.

Jean C. is using a group of hand dyed fabrics. Very pretty.

I just loved this one of Norine's and had to take another picture.

I only managed to complete two of my March QAL blocks so far and here I have the pink, orange, yellow versions paired with the Kaffe Fassett blocks. The two center blocks are for March.

The Pink Orange Yellow blocks. March QAL block is in the upper right.
My March Kaffe Fassett QAL block is on the lower left.
I made this quilt from my scraps. Louise gave us a demo at our February Scrap Fever meeting and it was a one evening job. I think it will be a "Heart Warmer" quilt for critically ill children in the local hospitals.
Here is a close up of one of the scrap pieced blocks. This was fun, I may need to make more.
I liked Roxie's BE block and Linda inspired me with her blocks so....I had to make my own. I started with a yard of fabric that had 2.5 inch strips of 16 different black and white prints. Most of the work was done so I cut up the strips and machine pieced 18 blocks in a matter of minutes.
Here is a close up of some blocks. I plan to cut out many more and piece them at an upcoming Quilt Retreat.

1 comment:

Mego said...

Fabulous fabulous quilts! I was scrolling thru your site and LOVE the Christmas present block! Is there someplace I can get the pattern?
Thanx!