QUILTS NEEDED: Habitat for Humanity Lansing is in need of quilts for Habitat families as "house warming" gifts that are presented at the house dedications. We have four dedications scheduled in the next month and right now I only have one quilt to provide. If you have a quilt to donate or are willing to make one now or in the future please let me know. We have been building 8 to 10 homes each year, so we could use a supply of quilts for the current and upcoming house dedications. Thank You.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Modern Mayhem
Modern Mayhem is the name of the block I chose for our block exchange this year. Thanks to all of my quilting friends, I managed to collect all of my blocks by last week. I had been piecing the blocks together as I got them and had been waiting to add the last four blocks. I just completed piecing the top this evening. I don't usually work with "browns" but this quilt will look perfect in Jim and Wendy's family room and their four boys will enjoy snuggling under it in the winter time when they watch movies and sports on TV. Next I have to get it machine quilted. It's way too big for me to handle.
The colors in this picture are true to life. I took this pix with my Panasonic.
Another pix with the Panasonic.
Another with my Kodak camera.
The backing fabric is a brown funky paisley with some pink in it. I bought it years ago and have been saving it for just the right quilt. The color is true but the dark spot is my shadow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Your quilt is exquisite! I'm going to do a similar "Sadie and Dora" color scheme for my 2010 quilt block.
Cindy, I'm happy to do a quilt for Habitat. Let me see what I've got in my 'done tops' and what I can get put together.
eg
Love the quilt - you did good........
Hope to see it Monday.
Cindy, if your sister and family don't like this quilt, you know who does! Good use of "my colors" and an easy block to piece. Naturally, I LOVE IT! Daisy
Beautiful. For your habitat quilts is there any certain size? Jackie Beard
Your quilt is wonderful! I'll make sure to post something to my blog this week on quilt donations for Habitat. It's for such a great cause!
Don't have time to "whip up" a quilt for Habitat, right now --- but will keep it in mind for the future. I think you will have to watch Daisy around this quilt!
Post a Comment