Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Porcelain Vine

I have a Variegated Porcelain Vine that produces the most beautiful glass like berries this time of year. They truly look like hand made glass beads. These pictures show the true colors of the berries. Be sure to click on the picture to enlarge it so you can see the berries in life like size. Sometimes this vine is considered invasive but I have not had a problem with it. Japanese Beetles usually love it, but they were scarce this summer so my vine did exceptionally well. The leaves are mottled white on green thus the name Variegated Porcelain Vine.
A full view of the Variegated Porcelain Vine. I made the copper pipe trellis.
Close up of the berries.
Although this picture is true to color, you really need to see these incredible berries in real life.

Don't you just love the colors of the berries. I want jewelry made from beads in these colors.
The last of the tomato and summer squash harvest from my potted plants.
Autumn Blooming Clematis. Sometimes I think this plant could take over the patio. The fragrance is so light and wonderful.
Tonight I am waiting to find out if I will be working tomorrow. Our Michigan Legislature has not come up with a budget for our fiscal year that begins tomorrow. All state employees got notice of temporary layoff this afternoon via email. It is frustrating since we won't get paid if we don't work and we just get further and further behind. Stay tuned............UPDATE: The extended the current budget for thirty days and we are working today.
I caved in and turned on the heat last night. It got bitter cold. Even colder tonight. My kitties are turning into lap cats and they just want to cuddle. That's one good thing about the colder weather.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Remember the clematis that Melody had at her home in Illinois? She had a name for it - "It" Yours reminds me of hers.