This past Monday was our last Block Exchange meeting at Ruth's for this year. We all got our final blocks and showed our completed tops or our planned setting for our blocks. This is the 19th year of our block exchange and Daisy also organized a special block that we all made for Ruth. I didn't get a picture but Linda and Ruth did, check their blogs.
Before you see the blocks...here is a little show and tell.

Eileen, modeling her daughter's messenger bag. We all love the corduroy owl fabric.

Bonnie showed her unique court house steps quilt.

Beth is in the process of making this beautiful mermaid that resembles her daughter.
Here are pictures of the blocks and tops from this year:

This is my quilt top all complete, just needs to be quilted.

Daisy's blocks.

Lisa's blocks. Anyone for a bowl of sherbet?

Linda's blocks for her gardener sister.

Ruth's Prayer of St. Francis blocks.

Phyllis's Michigan Memories blocks.

Debra's blocks. This is the second time we have made these blocks. The quilt is going to be huge!!

Terry's blocks.

Dorothy's blocks.

Georgia's blocks. She has the sashing and corner blocks figured out already. They look like blocks that Terry did several years ago.

Carol Sc's blocks. This one got us all a little anxious but Beth (Quilt Doctor) posted instructions on her blog that made it easier. I am sort of thinking about using this for next year's block exchange.

Terry showed us the pieces we will be using for her blocks next year. Antique Halloween cards printed on fabric, way cool.

Eileen's blocks made from jelly roll packs.

Beth's blocks. She used up charm pieces she had collected. We pieced a nine patch block and then cut each one into quarters.

Terry is working on this Cafe Au Lait top on her own. All hand pieced!!!

These are Jan's blocks. We just loved the alternate blocks. It makes the quilt so lively.
Stay tuned for more quilts in the next few days.
3 comments:
I love seeing my block layed out --- and I hope you do use it for next year, since Beth did such a great job of figuring out the pattern. Plus, I think it would be neat to see it in totally different fabrics. Your cherry tomatoes lasted longer than mine, but I did pick about thirty of the larger ones, before they got bit by frost. ...and, yes, the berries are really cool.
thanks for posting these great photos Cindy!
I feel like I was just at a quilt show seeing all the show and tell!!
Post a Comment