I have been ill for four long days. I slept pretty much continually for three of the days and only today did I manage to become upright for much of the day. This head cold, bronchitis, H1N1 flu or whatever it is has just completely wiped me out. It started several days ago when I just felt overwhelmingly tired, then came a kind of scratchy throat, then a really sore throat and then that feverish feeling where you can't hold your eyes open and all you want to do is sleep. The worst part was the pounding headache, like it is going to just explode. Of course there were the chills and the sweats and the body aches. Just plain yucky.
I missed two days of work. I didn't get to rake the leaves. I missed machine quilting Sam's quilt at my friend John's house, I missed the Claudia Schmidt concert at Studio 1210 with Lisa, I missed the Kalamazoo Quilt Show (Lisa brought me some fabric!!!), and most sadly I missed David Sedaris at the Wharton Center. I was feeling so miserable and could hardly stand on Saturday and Sunday. My coughing fits lasted for several minutes and came too frequently. Muffin used me as his own private heated bed and got lots of sleep with me on the sofa. He also let me know when food was needed by he and the other kitties.
I did call my niece Madeline on Sunday morning to wish her a Happy 2nd Birthday. I sang the song and her mom, Terri, said she just looked at the phone...she must not have recognized my new sexy voice.
I saw parts of several movies in between snoozing on the sofa and also watched a very interesting Scientific American show on PBS with Alan Alda as the narrator and another show on PBS about the repair of the Hubble Space Telescope. Those astronauts deserve more pay than the heads of AIG, Merrill Lynch, Citi, and all the others. I also learned about black matter and black holes and that I really have no concept about the vastness of the universe. Of course this is all overwhelming when you are feeling really crummy and can hardly breathe. Its strange that these science shows are so interesting when you are sick but boring when you are feeling fine.
This evening, I am feeling much better in my head, it doesn't pound like it did for three days but my cough is as they say, "very productive". I hope to venture out into the real world tomorrow now that warmer weather has returned.
Did I miss anything?????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
awww, Cindy, hope you're feeling better. Costa has had something similar and I'm hoping he's better tomorrow.
Sorry you had to miss so much fun and were feeling crappy besides. I'm babysitting for Adam later today --- he has some kind of flu --- I'm hoping he's not contagious.
Hopefully every day you will feel better!
I miss you!!!!!!!
Hope you shake this soon!!!!!!!
You usually dance circles around the rest of us productivity-wise. At least being out of commission gave the rest of us a chance to catch up!
I must have caught what you had because within the hour of getting off the phone with you I was struck with the same flu symptoms. Poor Maddie didn't even get a cake for her birthday. I'm still tyring to work my way through this. Unfortunately I haven't been able to curl up on the couch and sleep (which is what I'd like to do)...
I'll post pictures of Maddie and Jackson on my blog soon - maybe even today :-)
yes Cindy, you did miss something. Apple Butter days at Fenner. The opportunity to pet a snake while working on a quilt. Something new for most of us quilters. Snakes, patchwork....they just don't seem to go together but Jan thought it was quite cool. Glad to hear that you are feeling better. John
Post a Comment