Saturday, October 24, 2009

Autumn in My Back Yard

The Burning Bush - winged euomymus-in my front yard has never been as red as it is this year.
The Norway Maples that line my street are dropping their leaves this week and it sure makes the street look beautiful.
These two Japanese Maples in my backyard have never looked so colorful as they have this year. The cool summer and cold autumn temperatures were perfect to bring out the best colors in the leaves.
My Prairie Fire Crab Apple has yellow-orange leaves this year. That's a first!
Another view of these breath taking Japanese Maples.
My big Sugar Maple has been aglow of gold this past week. It has dropped a major portion of its leaves and the resulting contrast of the gold leaves and the black limbs is so interesting.
A trio of maples trees in red, orange and yellow.
The shade garden Bloodgood way in the back and the yellow-orange leaved Prairie Fire
Crab Apple in the foreground.
Lots of color this year in my backyard.
A view of the leaves carpeting my backyard. The lawn has been calling me to rake but I have been too ill and it has been too rainy. I may be calling on some youngsters to see if they want to earn some money by helping me rake the leaves. I also have more garden clean up left to do.
The view from my kitchen sink window. Spectacular!! I have to admit that I stand and look out over my back yard a lot lately. It really is quite colorful. I don't mind washing the pots and pans when I can look at this view.
A close up of the orange leaved Japanese Maple.
Another close up. I took these last few shots through the window!!
Close up of the Bloodgood Japanese Maple tree.
I have a confession.....the block I posted yesterday was not mine...I was surprised that many of you were fooled into thinking that I have pieced it after being down for the count this past week with the flu that is spreading rapidly. No...it's not mine... I found it on another quilting blog. There are way too many little pieces for a block exchange block.

I am feeling better and managed to sleep through the whole night last night without coughing or awakening once.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

These autumn leaf colors would make a beautiful quilt!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the color tour, Cindy. Nature gives us great beauty. Dusty and I saw beautiful color on our way to and from WV. Great time of the year. Daisy

Linda said...

I knew that about the block.........you can't fool me!!!!!!!!!!!!