Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fabric Selection for a New Quilt

I have been collecting fabrics in dark, medium and light teal for the past year. Some of the teals are aqua and some are more turquoise.
Some are more green and others more blue. Some are clear colors and others are more greyed. The fabrics also seem to have an olive or gold color in them as well. Some of the fabrics even have a copper color with the teal. For some reason I always gravitate to these colors. It could be the Color Institute marketing is affecting my choices but I like to think that they are just part of the large group of my favorite color.....GREEN!

The above fabrics all seem to go together so they will probably be used in one quilt, I will call it quilt A for now. I am still looking for the right pattern or design for these fabrics. It could become a wallhanging for my newly updated guest bathroom or maybe for the newly painted and updated family room.

This is the lighter more colorful set of fabrics for quilt A. Aren't they yummy?

This is the second set of fabrics for quilt A. Some but not all are batiks. All are quite organic in nature.
These are the fabrics for Quilt B. I already have a design in mind. I found it in the book Batik Gems that I borrowed from our guild library. Most if not all of these are batik fabrics. There are a few hand dyed fabrics too.
Another view of the Quilt B fabrics. I am thinking this quilt will be hung on the wall of my office. There are no quilts hanging in the office now and it needs the warmth that a quilt can bring.
This is a better idea of the fabric colors for Quilt B.
Up close of the center set of fabrics for Quilt B.
Side set of fabrics for Quilt B.
Other side set of fabrics for Quilt B.
I am sure there are enough yards of fabric in these piles to make a dozen quilts. I will keep you posted. I hope to actually do some cutting tomorrow evening.
By the way.....the new upgraded editor for blogger was a pain. I think I need another class to update my blogging skills....Oh Ruth....can you hear me???

4 comments:

Ruth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ruth said...

let me know whenever you need Advanced Blogging 2.0 :)

Linda said...

Those colors are just beautiful - can't wait to see what you will do them all them......

Carol Sc said...

I think both quilts will be wonderful --- love the fabrics! I think your blogging is going fine --- what's to advance?