Saturday, September 25, 2010

Chihuly at Meijer Garden Part Four

This part of the Chihuly tour is probably my favorite, especially the pieces at the pond. Oh and the Cafe ceiling too. Enjoy!
Blue Moon at the Pond.
Walla Walla at the pond. They looked like Hershey Kisses floating in the pond.
Blue Moon close up.
More Walla Wallas.
Yellow Boat filled with glass pieces.
Walla Walla up close. Love the blue.
Although the sky was rather cloudy on our visit, it peaked out for a brief time when I took this picture. The Walla Wallas glowed. The picture really does not come close to the beauty of this display. The yellow, turquoise, blue and aqua colors of glass were breathtaking.
A whole view of the pond, well, most of it anyway.
Another view. I just love the reflections.

AHH!
John and Blue Moon.
WOW! Blue Moon and a reflection!!
Yellow Boat....love all the glass pieces. Click on the picture to see more details.
I couldn't resist. There was a family reunion attending the exhibit, each family in a particular color of t shirt. They looked like pieces of artwork.

This was just stunning! I want a waterfall just like this in my backyard.
Niijima Floats. Another view.

I like the green one best.

At this point of our tour, some of us got really tired, hot, thirsty, and hungry so after a bit of pleading, we headed back to the main building for refreshments in the Cafe.
This is a permanent piece(s) in the Cafe at Meijer Gardens. The pieces graduate from blues to greens to yellows to ...... They are just beautiful.
The blues and purples. Oh my.......
The blues to aqua, green then yellow. Love Love Love It!!!
Yellows and Orange and almost Red.
Hot colors of red and orange.
I tried to get a full picture but the ceiling pieces spanned from one room to another.
A close up.
Another close up.
The last of the Cafe ceiling.
We had a delish lunch including chocolate mousse pie and we were refreshed and able to continue our tour. Stay tuned for the final installment in a future post coming soon.

2 comments:

Carol Sc said...

I've loved seeing all these pictures --- thanks for sharing them! The talent is mind boggling and it is almost impossible to choose a favorite. I hope to get over there and see them in person--- just not sure how it will fit into my schedule. I was sorry the display at MSU was so short --- maybe they will have some back another time.

Robbie said...

WOW! The closup of Blue Moon is spectecular!!!