Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hockey Game at Munn Ice Arena

The beautiful March weather has continued for this past week but I have not been able to enjoy much of it due to a sore throat and head cold that has really wiped me out. I was just thinking that I made it threw the whole winter without a major cold and then it arrived just in time to welcome in the first day of Spring.
I managed to be healthy enough to attend a Habitat house party with Lisa on Wednesday evening. Although I attended the CCQG meeting on Thursday, I was really under the weather and headed for bed afterward.


On Friday evening I worked at the Habitat for Humanity Lansing booth at the MSU Pavilion Home Show. Fellow board member Glenn and I tried to sell raffle tickets on a pair of hand made Adirondack chairs and a glider but we didn't sell very many. People were interested in volunteering with Habitat but they are holding their fists tight these days and not buying very many raffle tickets. If you want to buy some tickets on these beautifully made items please check out the Habitat Lansing website here: www.habitatlansing.org Our booth was in a new location and the attendance seemed less to me. As we were leaving we passed by a booth for Smooth Legs....now what do smooth legs have to do with Homes and Gardens????

On Saturday I enjoyed watching my brother Jim, and nephews Carl, John and Sam play hockey at Munn Ice Arena. It was the last hockey game of the season for their team so they celebrated by playing the team members against the parents. Sam is not on the team with Carl and John but he joined in for this game and is quite an impressive hockey player for a four year old.
Cousin Xander and Uncle Doug watched the game as well as Grandma Dee and younger brother Ben. Wendy (Mom) and Aunt Cyndee enjoyed themselves too and took lots of pictures.
Lisa, Claire and Jacob came to watch the hockey game. Jacob enjoyed his first hockey game.
Sam in green, he really looks good on the ice.
Sam in the center in green.
Jim ( in turquoise) and Carl (#15) face off.
Jim and Carl.
Sam greeting his fans at the boards.
Carl.
Sam
Xander is excited to watch his cousins play hockey. His sister, Jessica, couldn't attend since it was her nap time.
John #33.
Sam.
The whole gang. I think there were more than enough players on the ice.
John #33. See the little guy to the left, he was so tiny his shirt looked like a dress. But, boy he could skate.
Click on the picture to enlarge this one.
John.
John.
John attempting a goal.
Jim fighting off many opponents.
Carl. #15.
No ending score was announced but everyone seemed to have a great time and the parents appear to have survived.
An after game party was held at Grandma Dee's. Everyone was hungry and we all got to fill our tummies and spend time with one another. Aunt Cyndee got lots of hugs and kisses....that's the best.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Great pictures of the boys (big and little) playing hockey. Sorry we missed seeing the whole gang.