Poster by Shepard FaireyEvery morning I awake to NPR's Morning Edition on the local Public Radio station WKAR-FM. Although I knew the really good news of our newly elected President Barack Obama before calling it a night last night, there were still several national and local races and propositions without final counts. The news I heard as I awoke this morning was almost unbelievable. Michigan voters not only passed the embryonic stem cell proposition, defeated a sleeping right wing Supreme Court Justice, and ousted some Congressmen, but a significant portion of Michigan who voted for Bush in 2004 and 2000 switched and supported Barack Obama in 2008. The dramatic change on the west side of the state and the upper peninsula is unprecedented. I felt so exhilarated this morning. I think our national nightmare is going to come to an end. I realize the economy has not yet seen the worst but at least we will have an intelligent leader to guide us and make thoughtful decisions in this crisis. Everyone at work was smiling and happy today. We could not contain ourselves, we smiled more, walked taller and believe that our country is now headed for great things. The result of this election is the best news we have received in years.
I didn't think the day could get any better but my trip to Douglas J this evening did the trick. My hair is a little darker and I am so relaxed. I just love the head messages. I think I know why my cats just love to have their heads rubbed. It really feels great.
I started packing for a little trip. I really hate packing. I always take too much. You never know what you might need. And then there is all the quilt projects and equipment............
Celebrate the good news!!!!

1 comment:
Happy days are here again!
Post a Comment