
There was a beautiful sunset this evening as Eleanor left this world and passed on to be with Smokey and several of her kittens.

Over the weekend she enjoyed time at the open screen door listening to the birds and feeling the warm breeze. She got lots of her favorite treats and plenty of petting and brushing. She had one last fling with catnip. There were quiet times with me just talking to her and crying. I think she knew it was time.

In the last few days, when she was in too much pain to climb the stairs, she would wait for me at the bottom of the stairs.

I was surprised to find her on the top of the cat furniture despite her painful hip the other day. She started lying with her bad back leg straightened a few weeks ago. She had a difficult time walking with a leg that did not seem to work with the rest of her body. She could go up and down the stairs after she was on steroids for a few days but I could tell she was still in pain and the cancer would soon cause her even more suffering.

Eleanor liked to lay by the french doors in the sun if she got this spot before Muffin, Seally or Ebony.

Later in the evening she could usually be found in this favorite spot near the dining room table and within site of me while I watched television.

Or under the chair in the dining room.

If I was cooking or doing dishes, she was always on the floor in this spot in the kitchen studying my every move. I always wondered what she was thinking. I think she knew that a treat would be likely if she was patient and stayed out from under my feet.

She was a beautiful kitty, a good mother cat and left this world too soon. I will miss Elle and so will the other cats. Seally wandered all around the house tonight looking for her. Muffin looked around the basement and knows that something is not the same. I remember Eleanor crying all around the house after Smokey died. It was as if she was calling to him to come out from hiding. They are together now. Goodbye Elle.
7 comments:
I am so sorry for your loss.
We love you and know that you will miss Eleanor.
Hugs and kisses...
Terri, Rodney, Jackson and Madeline.
Cindy,your goodbye to Eleanor brought tears to my eyes and fresh memories of my losing my Lexie a little over a year ago. Our pets are family. I'm so sad for you. Daisy
My thoughts are with you today.
You gave Eleanor so much - and she gave back to you. That's why it's hard to part.......
Thinking of you.......
Cindy, Thinking of you today. I'm sorry for your loss. Eileen
I think Daisy said it well --- our pets are family --- and they love us, no matter what. I know you will miss Eleanor, but you didn't want her to suffer ---keep remembering the joy she brought to your life.
Post a Comment