Thursday, October 30, 2008

Carl's 8th Birthday!!!!

My nephew CARL JAMES is 8 years old today. I was in the delivery room right after he was born. He had big eyes and he was wide awake and looking all over right after birth. I am currently sleeping under the quilt that I was hand quilting the day he was born. My mom and Terri and I were waiting out at Jim and Wendy's for several hours until we got the call that things were progressing and we should head for the hospital. While we waited I was hand quilting a blue drunkard's path quilt I named "Tangled Up In Blues". I think it was one of the last quilts that I hand quilted.
Carl was named after Carl Yastremski the baseball player. Yaz was his dad's favorite baseball player and so he got the name Carl. Carl was the first grandchild born to one of my siblings. His father is my youngest brother Jim and his mother is Wendy. Carl has three brothers, John age 6, Sam will be 4 and Ben just turned 1.
Carl and his brother John are avid hockey players.
They also play baseball
One year Carl was a police officer for Halloween.
Carl and John wearing funny visors from their favorite Aunt Cyndee.
Carl's birthday a few years ago. Aunt Cyndee made him a dinosaur wall hanging for his room. Aunt Cyndee wore cat ears since it was Halloween.
Wendy holding John, Carl, Jim holding Sam at Christmas a few years ago.
Carl sleeping at a young age.
Carl was a chicken for Halloween one year. His mom made the costume. He was sooooo cute.
Carl sleeping on a quilt made by Aunt Cyndee (folded up underneath him). It is a huge quilt and is made of all baseball fabric and resembles a baseball diamond. It is called "Night Game". Carl's baby quilt is laying next to him too.
What a sweetheart.
Carl started learning how to skate and play hockey at a very young age. That would make Wendy a Hockey Mom!! A real Hockey Mom!
Carl skinny dipping in his turtle pool.
Carl's first haircut.
A new form of potty training with beads? No, it's just Carl being a toddler.
Carl and John are brothers and friends.
Carl on his swing set.
Carl on his second Christmas.
Being around the first grandchild can make adults act strangely. Jim with Carl, Grandma Dee and Uncle Mike. I made the light blue quilt on the back of the sofa for my brother Jim. .
Carl and John.
Okay, I used to pose my cats for pictures, but this is too much. Carl looks shocked!
Baby Carl sitting in the hand painted chair from Uncle Mike.
Baby Carl wrapped in his baby quilt made by Aunt Cyndee.
Carl on graduation from kindergarten. Carl is a very smart young man. Before he could read he would study books about dinosaurs by looking at the pictures. He would open the book and point to a paragraph and say read this to me. He would then say read it again. He was so thirsty to learn everything about dinosaurs. He knows how to read now and likes to read.
So grown up.
Carl, John, Uncle Mike with Sam, and Jim with Ben as they look at a fawn in Uncle Mike's yard.
Baseball players, Carl and John.
Fourth of July 2008. John and Carl.

Happy Birthday CARL JAMES!!!!!! Love Aunt Cyndee..............................

No comments: