I know Palin could replace Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live and she does a good job reading scripts, but I didn't know she could dance, and with Barack none the less. Amazing!!!!Fall has definitely arrived again. It was cooler and rainy today. A perfect day for the day after spreading fertilizer on my trees and shrubs, organic of course. My back yard is again completely covered with leaves from my big Sugar Maple. Just two days ago it was cleaned of leaves. It is hard to tell what percentage of leaves still remains on the tree. The weather forecast for the weekend looks cool with possible rain. Not very conducive to leaf raking. I will have to hope for the best.
I stopped at Pet Supplies Plus after work today to pick up some needed cat supplies. I got what I call a "triple word score". I picked up some litter on sale, the store matched the sale price of a competitor for some canned food and then I got to use a $5 off coupon from another pet store. Now that's a deal! It is well worth the planning and checking involved to save dollars on canned cat food and litter.
With the cooler weather my kitties are getting more cuddly. They often fight for time to sit in my lap. I know that at this time of year they are "heat seeking" animals. Last weekend they were all laying together in the sun as it beamed through the large patio door. What a life! When the sun isn't out, they all have special spots for napping. Muffin and sometimes Ebony too, will head up to my quilt room and sleep in the wicker chair. It has a cozy fleece cover to collect the cat fur. Sometimes Seally will get a spot on the chair or she will lay near the window on top of the wicker trunk on cushy fleece covered pillows. She also likes to lay under the antique rocking chair. Eleanor likes to curl up on a fleece cover on one side of the love seat in the family room. Sometimes Ebony will sleep at the other end of the love seat.
If I am trying to do some sewing or quilting Muffin will constantly cry to me until I relent and spend time with him. He has me quite well trained. I just can't resist those green eyes looking up at me just wanting to be loved. Sometimes he just wants to be held on my lap so he can see what I am doing at the sewing machine. He is starting to purr very loudly lately. I think he is very content. I really can't imagine life without my kittie friends.
Despite the interruptions by Muffin tonight, I managed to do most of the machine quilting on my Quilt a Song quilt, Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes. We are having a meeting of the GASP group on Thursday and I want to show my quilt. Most of the members of the GASP quilt group have made or are making a quilt depicting a song. We are going to display them at the Michigan Women's Historical Center beginning on November 1st.
Well, the presidential campaign is slowly coming to an end. It is looking like a well needed change will be coming. McCain has completely pulled out of Michigan so we are not subject to as many nasty TV ads as other parts of the country. I was so happy to hear that Colin Powell finally got b***s and endorsed Barack Obama. It's about time. Hopefully, Sarah will be packing her bags soon and heading back to the cold cold north and her bridge to no where. Unless of course, she wins on Dancing with the Stars...........

No comments:
Post a Comment