I joined another small quilt group. They call themselves "Scrap Fever". I don't have any regular meeting on the night they meet so why not. They do projects as a group and this year we are making small scrap quilts. For the next meeting we will exchange 6 inch squares of fabric. Louise has instructions on how to make three quilts with the same bunch of fabrics. I will keep you posted on my project.
There are many long time quilt guild members in the group: John, Ruth F., Jean C., Louise, Claire V., Carole D, Carolyn S., Noreen and others. They had show and tell and since I remembered my camera, I can share the quilts with you.

John showed his latest quilt.

He also showed the Jan Krentz Lone Star from a workshop that I also took. I never finished my Lone Star, I will have to add that to my list of quilts to complete. I wonder where it is.....

This is John's Sedona Star done in Civil War reproduction fabrics. I made one in a class that John taught. Mine is all bright wild fabrics.

Noreen made this top from fabrics that the group exchanged in the past. It is a simple pattern but has a detailed look to it.

Noreen made a second one with the same pattern but on point and the lattice strips are different fabrics.

Noreen also made this beautiful Bargello quilt top.

Up close.

Another quilter made a table runner using a special ruler and Laurel Burch fabric.

She made two table runners.

Another quilter made this really cute applique cat quilt.

Jean showed a quilt she is making for Heart Warmers. Our guild donates quilts to the children's floors at the local hospitals and we call it Heart Warmers.

Claire made this really cute caterpillar. Lots of lime green circles.

Claire is also making paper pieced hearts with black and white backgrounds.

Here is another block.

Claire showed this older quilt she started a long time ago and she plans to finish it for her daughter.

Carole showed several quilts, including this one made of reproduction fabrics.

An applique quilt.

A pastel pinwheel.

A miniature nine patch on point. Very sweet.

A beautiful star and flying geese combo. Stunning.

One quilter made a quilt that has a soft Halloween look.

And another quilt.

And another.

Carolyn made this one.

She is going to redecorate her family room around this quilt.
Blessed are the Piecemakers.
No comments:
Post a Comment