Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy News for Ally!! / More NQA Quilts

This morning I received some very happy news, Ally Thompson, my niece, is engaged to be married. Debbie, my sister-in-law emailed me to let me know her excitement. Ally and Jeremy have been together for several years. They went to high school together and attend the University of Tennessee together. Jeremy proposed the other day. He is a wonderful young man and treats Ally like a princess. I am sure they will be very happy. I am very happy for Ally and Jeremy. (I am sorry, but I don't have digital pictures of Ally and Jeremy).

The rest of the day could not compare to the happy news of the morning. It was very sunny and hot today despite the low temperatures in the 40s last night. This evening I concentrated on my Italy quilt and I am happy to say that it is almost finished. I added the trees and the top is done. I fused the batting to the top so it is ready to have the backing sewn on. I will be using Melody Johnson's Escape Hatch Backing which allows you to add the backing and finish the edges all in one step. No binding!!! Yipee!! Check Melody's blog for detailed instructions. http://fibermania.blogspot.com/
Here is the finished top of the Italy quilt. I am still wrestling with the appropriate title. I am considering either "Under the Tuscan Sun" or "Tuscan Sunrise". Email me or leave your comments on my blog as to which name you prefer. I will keep you posted on my progress in completing the quilt and the selected title.

Italy quilt.
The wrong side of the back of the Italy quilt.

Now for more quilts from the NQA show in Columbus, June 2008:
Nice scrap look quilt.
Up close.
Cute use of the 20s, 30s, 40s reproduction fabrics often called Aunt Gracie's fabrics.

Up close.
I like the colors in this quilt. There's that orange again.
Nice colors and interesting applique designs.
More orange.
This was a cute design.
I liked the use of several blue fabrics and the larger diamonds in the center and smaller ones on the border.
This picture does not do this quilt justice. I just love antique pink quilts and this one is new but it has all the looks of an antique quilt. It had wonderfully detailed quilting and the design has that antique look about it. Of course it was an award winner too.
This award winner was so exciting. It just keeps going and going and going. Wouldn't it keep you up at night.
Close up. Great use of fabrics in the shades of pink.
They even had quilted clothing on display. Click on this to enlarge and get a better look.
Another great quilted outfit.
Julie G. this one is for you, the shoe lover. Don't you just love it? You can never have too many shoes (or too much fabric).
Close up. If the shoe fits buy it in every color.
That Jane Sassaman look. Great applique. Love the colors.
Close up.
Very graphic, more orange again.
Congratulations Ally and Jeremy!!! Love, Aunt Cyndee

2 comments:

Linda said...

Love the Tuscan sunset!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you may have to flip a coin on the name --- both are good ones. I also thought of "Road through Tuscany", cause I like the way the road disappears and reappears. I look forward to seeing all these quilts --- like Linda's equally as well.