Tonight was our monthly Capital City Quilt Guild meeting. We had our annual "Garage Sale". Some guild members bring books, fabric, tools, etc to sell and others just shop. I sold a few things and bought a few things too. My best find was a hand knitted scarf by none other than John Putnam!! Yes, he not only machine quilts but he can knit. The scarf is the arty type with glittery yarns and eyelash in black, purple, gold etc. Way cool. I also nabbed a handful of free silk dupioni. Just what I need, more fabric. Julia had a whole table of books from cooking to sewing to quilting. Julia mentioned that she enjoys reading my blog and seeing all the quilts. The show and tell was fun too. Gerry Smith told about her daughter Kari, another machine quilter, having one of her machine quilted quilts featured on the cover of the summer edition of BH&G's Sampler Quilt magazine. Yah Kari!!
After the meeting, John, Jan, Lisa and I met at our usual place, Cappuccino Cafe, for a lively discussion of quilts and more. It is wonderful to have such great friends. The evening ended with big hugs.
Julia, here are some more quilts to view..................enjoy. These are from the NQA show in Columbus 2007.
Great Log Cabin
Peacock with border of birds.
Part of the border.
Corner of the border.
Center of the Peacock.
Another close up.
That's all folks.

1 comment:
Wow, Cyndee, keep up the photos. They are fabulous.
Beth
Post a Comment