Monday, July 7, 2008

Rainy Day/More NQA Quilts

The rain waited until the long weekend had ended. Sometimes Mother Nature can be so thoughtful. My garden and lawn were looking a little thirsty so I am glad that we had some rain. It even finished raining in time for the Common Ground concert tonight. I don't have tickets but I can hear the bands. I live about three miles from downtown where the Common Ground Festival is taking place. It brings lots of people into to town and that is a good thing.

I have shown you most of the quilts from NQA in Columbus 2008. Here are a few more: Very colorful applique. ( Have you noticed I do not take pictures of dull colored quilts?)
Close up.

Looks like a round robin quilt.
I really like the Egret on the quilt.
A great house quilt with a unique setting.
This house had a face. Can you see the eyes?

Another great setting.
Close up.
Phyllis in California, this quilt made me think of you. It reminds me of your Ireland quilt.
Love that applique.
Okay, this one has dull colors but I liked the design and applique.
It had lots of different leaves appliqued all over.
I have to say this is the most unique Dear Jane quilt I have seen. The maker was on hand and she posed with her quilt. She used Aunt Gracie type fabrics and used subtle shades of one color in the outside border blocks. She did the same for the interior blocks. Very unique color way.
In the coming days I will post pictures of quilts from NQA in Columbus from 2007. I haven't shared those pictures with anyone since my life was turned upside down after returning from Columbus last June. I am anxious to see the pictures myself.

No comments: