Wednesday, July 16, 2008

She's Back/More Quilts

It has been a very rough last few days for me. I am feeling very down. Maybe I am just remembering the hell I was going through last year at this time. I just wish I could wake-up from this terrible nightmare.

Tonight I got my hair hi-lighted at Douglas J. I love that place. The prices are high but the way you feel when you leave is priceless. I am so relaxed when I leave. The head and neck massage that I got when my hair was washed was the best massage I have ever had. I actually fell asleep. My hair looks great too. I also got to see Jeremy and he told me about his exciting trip to Rio. He is now headed to Minneapolis to judge a hair show and I was able to suggest some places to check out for fun.

Of course I had to go out and about after the spa so I headed to Home Depot to buy some cinder blocks. I cannot believe how heavy they are. My brother Jim said he would help me create some steps from my front porch to the water spigot. The shrubs in front have grown together and there are too many spiders to just walk through them so, I have found an alternate route. At less than $4 for the four cinder blocks, it will be a cheap fix, I hope.

A few days ago Margaret Meade Turnbull stopped over to borrow some of my quilts to photograph for more watercolor paintings. I mentioned her work in an earlier blog post. She borrowed my quilts, Lavender Pie, I Think I Will Paint the Ceiling Beige and an antique quilt. While she was at my home she got to see my quilts that were hanging on the walls. She had great things to say about all the quilts and then she said that I am a true artist and I work in a great medium, fiber. Wow!

A big Hello! to my Aunt Sharon. She reads my blog and just sent me a really nice email.

Here are some more quilts from the NQA show in Columbus in 2007:
I just love the colors in this one. Up close.
Again. Can't beat lime green.
Up close.
Dogwoods for everyone in Tennessee. Hello!
I hope you can see the quilting on this one, click on it to enlarge. The quilting is wonderful.
Jacobean applique.
I really don't like red and green together, it's just to Christmasy, but this one is really a nice pattern. In other colors it would be great too.
Very contemporary.
Great use of fabrics. Click to enlarge the picture.
Up close.
I just love these brights and black and white. Isn't this two quilt display wonderful?
I think the hanging parts are very clever.
I might need to try one or two similar to these.
I just realized that all the fabrics are dots!!!
Let's give all the quilters a BIG HAND!!!!

No comments: