Thursday, July 3, 2008

More NQA Quilts

Today ended the short work week for me. It was pleasant and sunny outside. I stopped at Meijer on my way home and while standing in line watching all the people busy with their carts full of picnic and party items for the big holiday tomorrow, I suddenly became very grief stricken. It has been a while since that has happened. I know I had a really difficult time going grocery shopping last summer. For some reason it is just does not feel right, its just so sad. Maybe its the fact that I come home to no one. It is a very empty feeling.
Sorrow May Endure for the Night, but Joy Cometh in the Morning. I sure hope it does.


I went for a walk with Lisa and Genny tonight. It felt good. We walked around several blocks and I am feeling all kinds of aches and pains tonight. It will be nice to have a long weekend.

Here are more quilts from the NQA show in Columbus June 2008:

Cute bird.
African Trees.
Not Monet's Water Lilies but close.
View of a Room.
Large Poppy.
Optical illusion.

Turtles swimming around.

This was titled, "Would I Complain". It was representing all the nice things her husband did for her, including bringing her a jar of pickles when they were dating. I am sure it must mean something.

Several quilters made this quilt and each made a portion of the picture.

Another Piece 'O Cake pattern.

Nice use of black and white prints.

Poppies.

Up close.


Nothing more to say tonight. Tomorrow will be a new day.

No comments: