Saturday, July 5, 2008

Tuscan Sunrise/Jim,Wendy & boys

Today was another beautiful day. The temperature was not too hot most of the day and it was not humid at all. I decided I had better pick some more cherries from the cherry tree before the birds ate all the good cherries. I picked enough to fill a large bowl. It took me quite a while to pit each one. I plan to make cherry crisp sometime soon. There are still more cherries. Since my tree is getting more sun than in past years, that may be the reason why the berries this year are so abundant and ripe.


I spent the afternoon machine quilting my "Tuscan Sunrise" quilt. Now all I need to do is add the hanging sleeve and the label and it can be mailed to the organizers of the Michigan Quilt Artists Invitational art group. The grand opening of the exhibit will be at the Greater Flint Arts Council on September 12th. The exhibit will hang there for a few weeks and then travel to art galleries, museums, and libraries for two years. Many of the quilts will be for sale and so will mine. I haven't decided on the price yet.
Here is the finished quilt:

Tuscan Sunrise
Close up.
Another close up.
And one more close up.

Sophie and I went to see the new "Get Smart" movie tonight. It was really exciting with great stunts and special effects. It was also very funny. We both remember watching Get Smart on TV many many years ago. We think we remember that it followed My Favorite Martian in the TV lineup. Do you remember My Favorite Martian and/or Get Smart?


Jim and Wendy emailed some pictures of their Fourth of July festivities and fun in Grand Rapids:
Carl, Sam and John with some sort of mascot for a sports team ? or a politician (Steil).
Ben in a hat. What a cutey he is!!!
John and Carl on a carnival ride.
John holding Ben, Sam and Carl at the parade.
At the fireworks. From the left, Carl, Wendy with Sam, John in back, and Jim holding Ben.
Ben and Jim at the parade. What is Ben doing with his tongue???
John and Carl are Detroit Red Wings fans and hockey players too.

No comments: