Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Is It Time To Panic?

I flipped the channels from CNN to MSNBC to CNBC last night and everyone was talking about what was happening on Wall Street. Tonight it was the same. It is pretty bad. I didn't even check my balances today, yesterday was bad enough. I emailed my financial advisor to let him know I was thinking about him and sending positive thoughts. He called and thanked me. He said that the recent change may actually be good in the very long run. I told him I wasn't worried yet. I don't think it is time to panic yet, maybe tomorrow though.....

I stopped at the Allen Street Market after work and got some more juicy heirloom tomatoes. The ones I bought last week were delicious on a BLT.

Three different heirloom tomatoes. Some of the vendors did not have tomatoes since the rain caused them to crack and rot on the plants. These look yummy.
I also bought my favorite organic leeks. Can you believe how long they are? They make a delicious potato leek soup. I buy them from a guy who is an organic gardener and who attended high school with me. There are green onions behind the leeks. They were pretty long too.
This may be the last of the blueberries. I will probably make blueberry muffins or cake. I made a blueberry cake last night and took it to work this morning since it was treat day for Julie's birthday. Everyone seemed to like the cake so I may bake another one soon.

I spent the evening cleaning since I am having a dinner party on Friday evening. This means that for a few days the whole house is now clean. It is a pleasant feeling, however fleeting.

I found these statistics on line today. I think they are interesting.

McCain leads 58% to 38% among those who regularly shop at Wal-Mart while,
Obama leads 61% to 36% among those who don’t frequent the retail giant.


BARACK the VOTE!!!!!

No comments: