I did take a break to do some painting. I have a round metal table and matching chairs that are light blue. It is a rather boring color to me and I have always wanted to paint them so I did. I found the perfect paint at Menard's the other day, the color is Rustoleum spray- Key Lime. It took about 20 minutes and $9 and it was so easy. I love it and it sure makes an improvement on the look of the patio table and chairs. I am now trying to figure out what else I can paint this same color. I will be on the look out.
I finished cutting back the gardens on the north and east side of the garage and managed to fill two lawn bags. The only remaining plants not cut back are four Sedum "Autumn Joy". They will turn red and look nice through the winter so I won't cut them back. The clematis is still left on the trellis. I will have to cut that one back later.
After all my yard work, I relaxed and then headed out to a party. Clarisa and Rex had a post game tailgate party this evening. Dan, Ken, Steve and his wife Denise and I enjoyed the great pulled pork sandwiches and cold beer that our hosts provided. The weather was cooler this evening and we enjoyed catching up with each other's lives. Steve's oldest son just started at Olivet College, Dan is looking forward to another Engelbert Humperdinck concert with his wife Theresa, Ken is busy working on the homes he rents out besides spending time with his three young ones, and Clarisa and Rex are looking forward to being grandparents.
They are all friends from high school and are very dear to me. Steve and I were in school together from sixth grade on. Rex, Ken and I were in homeroom together for three years. Ken and his wife, Jennifer, Dan's younger sister, live behind me. Clarisa and I have been friends since high school and she also grew up in the neighborhood that we live in now. Dan takes care of all my tire needs at Quality Tire.

1 comment:
LOVE the little table and chairs!!!
Post a Comment