None other than my friend Marty.
There he is, Up on the Roof....................
A few weeks ago Marty came to inspect my roof and I hoped for good news. It was good news, my roof is good for a few more years but some things need fixing now. I got new boots on the exhaust pipes, I never knew that my roof wore boots. Marty said that a nest of bees had made a home in one of them. The chimney needed repair on the limestone cap since the mortar was crumbling and new caulking was needed around the chimney. He also replaced a shingle that had blown off and is going to do a few other repairs as well.
I have been so concerned about the roof and things that needed repair around the house. It is reassuring to know someone who is honest and trustworthy and does a good job. I have a list of things that need repair or maintenance and when I can afford it, Marty is going to be the person I call. He conveniently lives in the neighborhood across from my friend Ruth.
As if my day couldn't get better, I had my hi-light appointment at Douglas J tonight. I can't tell you how relaxing it is to have someone fiddle with your hair. It just about puts me to sleep. The massage after the shampoo was to die for and the aroma of the Aveda Chamomile Shampoo and Conditioner was incredible. I think I floated home, blonde stripes and all.

No comments:
Post a Comment