Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Creapy Crawly Thing/More Quilts

WARNING!!!! The next picture may not be suitable for those who are afraid of creepy crawly things. As I was closing the windows on Sunday night just before getting into bed, I came upon this creature. I freak out when I see spiders but centipedes are becoming just as icky to me. They run so fast and can hide anywhere. I have seen and eliminated six in the past week. One of the other centipedes was even bigger than this one. It gives me the heebie geebies just to think about it. This one got sucked up in my Dyson. One flick of the switch and down it goes.

Yuk!

Enough of the gross stuff. Today was cooler but we did not get the promised rain yesterday or last night. My gardens and lawn are getting thirsty. Fortunately because the temps have been unseasonably low, the plants don't seem to have suffered too badly. A frost is expected again tonight.

We had a Habitat Board meeting tonight and after some discussion we took a big step forward for our affiliate and toward our mission of eliminating substandard housing in the Lansing area. I know I will be busy in the coming months.

Lisa and I went for a walk this evening and observed a mother duck and seven ducklings. They were bobbing for dinner in the pond. We saw the Great Blue Heron but there was no sighting of the Green Heron. When I returned home, my kitties and I watched as three young male cardinals and one young female cardinal played on the branches of two Japanese Maples trees. This was going on as a chipmunk was gathering and storing seeds, a baby bunny was eating clover, and a squirrel was running up and down my big Sugar Maple. My kitties and I just love to watch the wildlife in the backyard.

Here are some more quilts from the Chicago International Quilt Show in April 2008. A journal quilt with horses.
Another journal quilt.
And another. I am pretty sure I have some fabric that looks like this quilt. These are 3 D fabric beads.

Giant Dahlia.
More lime and raspberrry together again.
Seeing Stars.
I CAN FLY!!!!!
Look up there, see the star?

Good night.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Can't believe you got a pic of that creepy crawly thing!!!
Most times, it's just the startle factor of seeing them that scares us. Then we immediatley KILL!!!