Thursday, May 22, 2008

Quilts with Circles and Curves

I am still feeling lousy because of my allergies. I can't breathe and my voice has really changed. I am becoming well acquainted with my Kleenex box. I wish it would rain (before the weekend) to clean out the pollen in the air. I decided to take an extra day off so I could have a four day weekend. The weather is predicted to be quite nice for the long Memorial Day weekend. We have not had any warm weather in the past few weeks and I have had to keep my heat on in the evening. I had planned to do lots of gardening and quilting over the weekend. I will have to wait and see how I feel.

REMINDER: The Music quilts at the Hope Borbas Library in Okemos will be up until May 27th. Don't miss this wonderful exhibit.

In the meantime, enjoy looking at again more quilts from the Chicago International Quilt Show. These quilts contain circles and curves. I love to hand piece circles and curves. Linda and I will be curating another exhibit at the Okemos Library for the month of August and at the Michigan Women's Historical Center and Hall of Fame on display from November through January. We hope to show quilts with circles and curves. I hope that these inspire you to make quilts with circles and curves.

Journal quilts that really contain feathers, but they are quite curvy.
Up close view.
This one is soooooo cool. Take a look at the close up.
I want to experiment with this technique.
I just love the "background" in this one.
Fun and colorful.
More journal quilts. I like the curved designs.
These journal quilts remind me of my old Spirograph.
Up close view.
Solar System?.


1 comment:

Linda said...

Enjoy your weekend.........maybe rain by late Monday to relieve your allergies and annoy the golfers!!!!