Wednesday, May 7, 2008

More Outstanding Quilts from Chicago

These pictures of quilts with human faces were on display at the International Quilt Show in Chicago in April. The detail on some of them was outstanding. Others were quite unique as you will see.
This one was a larger wallhanging and once again I was impressed with the eyes. Doesn't it look like she is looking straight at you?

These small quilts with faces were part of the Journal exhibit. I especially liked the one on the far right in the top row. Her thread work was excellent.


This is a very unique self portrait. I want to try this technique some time. My self portrait at the heading of this blog was made as part of a block exchange in 2006. One of the block exchange members asked us to do self-portraits. I enjoyed it but others thought it was difficult. I really did not want to give my block away but I kept the pattern and plan to make a replica for myself. Finding the correct "face" fabric is the most difficult part. A solid color just does not work. A mottled fabric is more realistic.

This one looked very much like a black and white photo from a distance.

Today I became the new owner of a wheel barrow. My friend Ruth met me at the hardware store so I could get the wheel barrow home. She has a small SUV with room for hauling large items. I will be hauling mulch in the next few weeks. Oh boy, doesn't that sound exciting!!!! When I get the work in the back gardens finished, I will post some pictures. The trees and grass are all looking very green and lush this time of year. We had some rain today and it was needed. We hope for sun on the weekend though.

No comments: