Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Evening at Douglas J & Quilts

It has rained on and off all day today. A nice day for worms and ducks as I always say. You know, the kind of day that would be nice to stay in bed and sleep. I didn't. I went to work.
The backyard is just beautiful, wet, but beautiful. The grass is very green and the trees and plants are growing and leafing out in splendor. This time of year the gardens always look their best because it is cool and lush and great growing weather. It could get below freezing tonight and I am thankful my mop head hydrangea are still covered in leaves.

This evening I went to the Douglas J Salon for my regular treat to myself. My hair is slightly blonder for the summer, just in case blondes do have more fun. I feel so rested. I slept through most of the highlighting process with the foiling and all. It is surprisingly very relaxing. I slept through the heat lamps. I slept through the shampoo and the hot towel after the conditioner. I did stay awake for the blow dry and style. No hair cut tonight, my hair stylist is in Rio, representing Vidal Sassoon for the USA. Lucky guy. He told me he was going to wear his Speedo. It would not be a fashion "don't" in his case.
Well how about some more quilts from the Chicago International Quilt Show!!!
If you click in the middle of these pictures, they will enlarge and you can see the great detail in each quilt.

This little rodent has been storing lots of trinkets for the winter. These quilts are part of an exhibit about architecture and quilts.

Lisa is checking out this block print look quilt.

Interior of a cathedral.

House in the woods.

A neighborhood.

Part of a door.

I couldn't resist this one. It reminds me of Muffin trying to help me type. Enlarge this one and check out the "mouse".


No comments: