Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sauder Village Quilt Show


Today seven of us traveled to Archbold, Ohio to see the quilt show at Sauder Village. We took two cars, Debra drove in her car with Linda and Pat. Ruth drove in her car with Lisa, Carol, and I. Ruth, Lisa, Linda and I all had quilts in the show. Here are some pictures of Ruth, Linda and Lisa's quilts.

Linda's Quilt won an honorable mention in the wallhanging category.

Lisa's leaf quilt


Ruth's quilt

Here are my quilts that were in the show.


The Pursuit of Happiness





Party Mints


Party Mints up close



Spring Leaves


One of the most special things about today was seeing Norma Fish. Norma lives near Sauder Village and was able to meet me at the show. Norma is the wife of my former mother-in-law's cousin. She has always been special to me. She enjoyed seeing the quilts and all of her friends from the area. She mentioned that it was so cold up north. When she and Marvin left Florida several weeks ago, it was 83 degrees. The weather was very cooperative for the quilt show. The sun was out and after seeing the show we Michigan quilters shopped at the Sauder Village quilt shop and got ice cream from the Ice Cream Shop at the village.

One other special thing was a phone call with my nephew Jackson. He and his family traveled to Hilton Head and stopped for one night in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. They visited the Aquarium of the Smokeys yesterday. Jackson told me all about the fish and sea creatures. My favorite when I visited the Aquarium a few years ago was the jellyfish. Jackson said he saw jellyfish and there was music playing in the background and the jellyfish were "balleting". It was a perfect description and my sister said those were his own words. Someday I would like to depict the jellyfish "balleting" in a quilt.
P.S. As you can tell from my misalignment of captions and pictures, I haven't got all the HTML editing quite perfected. My thanks to Ruth for the great blog class she taught three days ago and the phone support that has followed.

4 comments:

Linda said...

You sound happy.......I'm glad. It was a great day - the weather couldn't have been better and being with quilt friends means good memories.

Ruth said...

You're welcome!

Anonymous said...

Have added your blog to my favorites. I love seeing all the quilts --- couldn't go to the show, cause I was quilting up at Kettunen --- had great fun there, too! One of these days I will join you --- and, maybe even have a quilt in the show!

Anonymous said...

We love your blog!

Jackson especially liked that you wrote about him and that he could find his name...we are headed to the beach for the day.

Terri (Rodney, Jackson and Madeline, too)