Tonight Lisa and I went to see the MSU Community Music School, New Horizons Band. Our friend Carol Se plays the oboe in the band. We didn't tell her that we were coming and she was very surprised and happy to see us seated in the audience. We enjoyed the music and the efforts of the "seniors" in the band. The band was formed in 2003 and originally started as a band for those over age 50 who had little or no experience with playing an instrument. Carol had never played the oboe before and she is the only oboe in the band. My favorites were "At a Dixieland Funeral" and "The Washington Post March". Lisa took these pictures with her phone camera. Thank you, Lisa.
Earlier today I had a doctor appointment and learned that my sore throat is from allergies and not a virus. I also was advised that my lab work showed my vitamin D level is on the low side. My Doctor prescribed either moving to Hawaii or taking a vitamin D supplement. Hmmm.....I will have to think on that one a bit.
Here are more quilts from the Chicago International Quilt Show. The theme of this selection is faces.
Picasso-esque
Looks like a photograph.
Great use of fabrics.
Great embellishments.
I love this one.
I don't know exactly why, but this woman reminds me of Grace in "Will and Grace".
Hot Flash
This quilt was three dimensional and seemed to move like the huge billboards that change the advertisement as you pass by. You can see an old face when looking from one side and a young face when viewing from the other direction. This is the old face.
This is the young face.



1 comment:
oh my.......the lady behind Carol is Eleanor Omoto - I used to babysit her kids!!!! I see her often at Wharton.
Post a Comment