Monday, May 5, 2008

Magnolia Blossoms and More Quilts

Beautiful Magnolia Blossoms
Although the blossoms have faded in the past few days, my "Jane" Magnolia in the front yard was in full glorious bloom two weeks ago. Each spring I get to watch those walking and driving by do a double take and take another look at "Jane". Isn't she beautiful?

More Quilts from the Sauder Village Show
This is a beautiful New York Beauty. Someday I plan to make one. I haven't decided on the colors yet. I have the Karen Stone paper piece pattern.

I just loved this one. It has my favorite circles and lime green.


One house in the woods. This had a great use of colors in the log cabin style.

This small cathedral window quilt just sparkled. The little dots around the pumpkin shape are small rinestone beads sewn on by hand. A very unique variation on the cathedral window pattern.

Those who know me, know that my favorite pattern is the drunkard's path. I love to hand piece patterns with curves especially the drunkard's path pattern. This one had a great use of fabrics and colors.


The petals on the hydrangea quilt were three dimensional. I loved the colors and the flowers looked almost real.


The log cabin was very bright. It almost needed some lighter fabrics to calm it down.


This was another bright one. The Sauder show had a large number of bright colored quilts this year. They are my favorite.


My neighbor Janet and I took a long walk in the neighborhood tonight. We caught up on our lives from the past few weeks. She has been doing lots of traveling up north to her cottage, to Philadelphia, Washington DC, and Florida. While we were walking, we saw a cat in a driveway and when I called to it, there was suddenly one more and then another. They all wanted to be petted. I had to be quick so we could continue our walk. Somehow cats know when you are a cat lover. Muffin and Eleanor are here by my feet as I write this. Muffin often likes to sit in my lap as I type. He sometimes tries to help. At least he thinks he is helping.

1 comment:

Linda said...

The house in the woods quilt was made from a memorable trip to Alaska. I spoke with the man whose wife made the quilt - the quilt looks really great in your picture. He likes to look at it across the room.