Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day/Block Exchange

The weather finally got hot! It was 79 degrees today. My attic fan came on. It even rained a smidgen last night. I stayed inside today and exercised my Dyson. I used it in the basement, which I call Cat World. I used it on the first floor and on the second floor. Now the house is all fresh and clean, kinda. I watched a movie that Lisa loaned to me, "Once", pretty good, great music. I also did some hemming and mending while I watched the movie.

Tonight was our monthly Block Exchange meeting at Ruth's. Not everyone was there since some were on vacation or with family. Ruth of course, Linda, Lisa, Dorothy, Carol Se, Carol Sc, Ruth F and Louise were there. Me too. Here are the blocks:

This is the block I made for Lisa.

A group of Lisa's blocks.

Blocks I made for Beth.

Lots of Beth's blocks.

The block I made for Jan.
Three of Jan's blocks.

The block I made for Daisy.

A group of Daisy's blocks.

The block I made for Linda.
A group of Linda's blocks.
The block I made for Carol Sc.
A group of Carol's blocks.
The block I made for Ruth.
A group of Ruth's blocks.
The block I made for Dorothy.
A group of Dorothy's blocks.
The block I made for Bonnie.
A group of Bonnie's block's.
My block for me. :)
All of the houses I have received so far. There are some trees that will go with the houses. I am making a wall hanging for the Habitat for Humanity Lansing Board Room.
Georgia's blocks.

Roxie's blocks.
Terry's blocks.
I forgot to take a picture of the block I made for Georgia. I still have to make blocks for Terry and Roxie. They are due in June and July.
I hope we get our promised rain tonight. I am still coughing and hacking from the allergies or cold or whatever. I hope the rain will clean the pollen from the air and I will be able to breath again. It is supposed to cool off again tomorrow.


No comments: