Today was the first of our "new" fundraisers for our local Habitat for Humanity affiliate. We all decided to host small gatherings at our homes or other locations and to invite friends to attend to have fun and help raise funds for Habitat. Members of the Community Relations Committee all helped by donating beverages and good things to eat and we all invited as many friends, family and coworkers as we could. The party was an after work event so people could stop on their way home from work and still go about their evening later on.
The fundraiser was at Bob and Mark's home. They live in a unique and interesting older home on the west side of Lansing. They have four floors of interesting home including the slate tiled basement and the living area in the attic. Their gardens are well kept and have lots of interesting plants and flowers. My favorite part of their home are the windows. They have dividing windows but some of the windows have bulls eyes and lead work in them. Quite Arty!!
I arrived early to help set up for the party and was assigned the duty of making flower arrangements. It was fun be able to cut anything I wanted in the gardens. I even tried an Ikebana look on one of the arrangements. I also got to do a little cleaning. Bob's cat Alfie got my attention too. I played with him and he was pretty tired by the time guests arrived.
The committee members present included Bob, Amy, Erica, Jaqui, Julie, and myself. My friends who attended were Lisa, John P., Sylvia and Alana. The house got quite full and everyone had fun meeting new people and taking tours of the garden and house. All in all it was quite successful and I look forward to the next fundraiser.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment