Beth reminded us that the MSU Museum exhibit on Quilts and Human Rights will end on August 24th. I know I need to get over to the Museum before the exhibit ends.
Beth also let us know that the MSU Museum was the high bidder on the Solar Circle raffle quilt that was on display as a silent auction item during the Great Lakes Folk Festival. The Museum is planning a book to go along with the Human Rights exhibit and the Solar Circle quilt will be pictured and mentioned in the book. This means that a quilt I worked on (along with Carol Sc and Kari the machine quilter) has been purchased by a museum!!!! This is so utterly amazing.
More good news, the auction for the former MSU soccer player's daughter raised over $50,000. My bracelets went for over $100. No news on my quilt or Linda's quilt. The funds will help the family with expenses. St. Jude's Children's Hospital is going to do more treatment for Adalin who has cancer of the nerve endings.
I just had the joy of watching Micheal Phelps win his third gold medal in the Beijing Olympics. Go USA!!!
I want to invite you and remind you about the fundraiser for Habitat for Humanity Lansing on Thursday evening at my friend Bob's house. I hope to see you there. We want a big turnout. Leave a comment or email me if you need more details.
Here is the fourth installment of quilts from the NQA Show in Columbus 2007: Enjoy!!
Appliqued aquarium.

3 comments:
oooo-whee --- am thrilled about the news on the Solar Circle quilt --- volunteerism rewarded! ...and nice that the quilt will be seen by many and the cause kept in the public eye. My meeting was for the purpose of announcing the closing of Capital City Quilt Shop --- the economy strikes again. I will miss the teaching.
Who doesn't love Michael Phelps? Personally, though, Aaron Piersol is more my type. Go USA Swim Fast! I love watching the swimming, even more, I love to watch Matt watch the swimming.
Sorry, Carol - but that shop has never done well - except for your teaching. I hope you can find another place to use your talents.
Post a Comment