Wednesday, August 13, 2008

NQA 2007 Quilts V

It rained a little this evening and it is just what we needed. The grass and plants were looking dry and thirsty and they really needed a drink. Of course it means that the concert of Three Men and A Tenor got cancelled, but I can see them another time. It has been cooler in the evenings and that makes for better sleeping. Of course being very tired from staying up late to watch Micheal Phelps win more gold metals doesn't help. Eileen mentioned that she likes Aaron Piersol and after seeing him tonight. I can see why. What nice blue eyes he has and he can swim too.
I met up with Lisa and Sophie after my Habitat committee meeting last evening and we saw the final concert at Eastwood Towne Center. The group was Don Middlebrook and Living Soul. They did Jimmy Buffet type music and the female singer has the most wonderfully clear and sad voice.
I stopped at the Allen Street Market after work today and ran into Heather and Julie from the Habitat office. Julie let me know that she is engaged to her boyfriend Nate. She is very happy and I am happy for her. She is a real gem. I hope they will have a wonderful life together. Congratulations!!! She just moved into my neighborhood so I will have to invite them over for dinner sometime soon.
I spent some time preparing food for the big fundraising party for Habitat Lansing tomorrow evening. I hope to see you there!!!! If you can't make it, you can make a donation at www.habitatlansing.org . Just mention the August 14th fundraiser or Lavender Pie when you make your donation. Thank you in advance. You already know that Habitat does good work and we appreciate your support.

Now for more quilts from NQA in Columbus 2007. Enjoy!!
Nice center star and borders.
Nice border.
Love those circles.
Up close. I will have to add this to my list of must do quilts.
Nice award winner. I won't be making one like this though.
Bunches of balloons. Can you imagine appliqueing all of those little circles?
Up close.
The border.
Very subtle colors in this applique.
Up close.
Again.
For all the animal lovers.
For Ruth and Carol Se.
More birds for Carol and Ruth.
A humming bird.
Award winner. Nice street scene.
Up close.
Lisa wants to make a four block quilt. Maybe this will inspire her.
Another award winner.
I really loved this one. I took tons of pictures. I have a thing for leaves. Maybe it is the texture.
Up close.
Again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cindy, I'm finally leaving a comment! Thanks for helping with the fabulous party at Bob's last night. Great food, a beautiful house, and wonderful company. I can't wait for our next party--your house, maybe? If people follow the link you posted, they'll get an error, so here's the link to our site: www.habitatlansing.org.
Thanks for blogging about my engagement, too. We're both excited and we're happy to share that with our friends. Can't wait to come over and check out your garden!
JB