Not much is going on this week. The summer concerts have come to an end and everyone is gearing up for "back to school". The MSU students are arriving and the sound of school buses will soon be heard going through the neighborhood. I've been doing inside chores this week so that I can spend the weekend doing much needed weeding and garden clean up.
I stopped at the mall after work today to get the special packages on Lancome and Clinique at Macy's and Younkers. While at Younkers I picked up some great deals on summer clothes for my sister and a few things for me too. I just couldn't resist.
One bit of really great news, my friends from high school, Rex and Clarisa, are going to be grandparents next April. They will make wonderful grandparents even if they are sooooooo young.

Wow, this one is bright. Great design and the color just pops.

Up close.

Mustang!!!

What a wonderful applique. I just love the colors. An award winner too.

Close up. Doesn't this make you want to applique???

Breath taking quilting and a wonderful design. Click to enlarge and see the details.

Such fine work.

Look at that quilting!!

Just beautiful.

The others make this look like a "run of the mill" applique, but it isn't. Nice setting.

I took lots of pictures of this one. I just love it. Don't you?

Same quilt, different lighting. The leaf shapes are so sensuous. I might have to make one like this.

Up close.

More. Wonderful colors!

Again.

Look at the little dots on the leaves.

Another close up.

Again.

Wonderful.

Although I am not fond of red. This quilt was spectacular.

Up close.

Again.

Click to enlarge these, the machine quilting is wonderful.

The curly design reminds me of fiddle heads on ferns.

Another look at the curlies.
No comments:
Post a Comment