Monday, August 18, 2008

NQA 2007 Quilts VII

After work today I had an appointment with my financial advisor. Although the economy is terrible and the market is way down, I haven't done too poorly. I was an emotional wreck the last time we met, almost a year ago. He was so kind and helpful. He went over my expenses, helped me create a budget and reassured me that my future was safe. Last year at this time my life was in a complete turmoil. I was in the process of a divorce, paying outrageous amounts for an attorney, trying to pay the mortgage, taxes and all the utility bills on half the previous household income, and because of budget cuts, there was talk of state employee layoffs or reduced hours. I had a very difficult time sleeping at night and concentrating on anything. When I think back on last year, I can't believe what I lived through. I am thankful that I listened to the financial pros (especially Suze Orman) at a young age, when their advice was live below your means and always pay yourself first. I am also thankful that I just didn't let "him" take care of all the financial matters like so many women do. Following guidelines like these will make my future less difficult. I still have to pinch pennies, look for discounts and deals, and do without but everyone has to do that these days.

Here are more quilts from the NQA show in Columbus 2007. Enjoy!!
A storm at sea about to burst.
Close up.
I believe this is all cut from one fabric. Looks like Christmas.
Close up.
Great graphic look.
Great design and use of "Aunt Gracie" type prints.
I love the dotted divider and the colors in this one.
Cool and so easy looking.
Seven sisters in brights.
Another angle.

Click on this one to enlarge. This was a lot of work. I am not sure I would have the patience.
Another applique on black. Another award winner too.
Close up.
I did not take a picture of the whole quilt. I must have just been impressed with this border. Isn't it cute?
Looks like a paper cut out.
Cute pink with black and white applique.
Wonderfully colorful appique.
Up close.
Hey, another Phil Beaver design. This one was probably made by a student in the class from NQA 2006. Mine is still in pieces......a definite UFO.
And with that, I "wave" goodbye for now.

No comments: