Tonight was our monthly Block Exchange meeting at Ruth's. Ruth D., Ruth F., Daisy, Carol Se, Linda ( and Alexander), Lisa (Claire and Cubby briefly), Dorothy, and I enjoyed a wonderful potluck meal with great desserts including real strawberry shortcake. Thank you Dorothy!!!!!
I brought my camera and we all viewed the NQA quilt show pictures on Ruth's computer. Technology is so wonderful.
Lisa and I had a quick walk around the Tollgate ponds. With the recent rains and heat, the fields are growing tall and many flowers are blooming. No citing of the turtle or the green heron but we did see ducks and the Great Blue Heron.
As promised, here are some quilts from the NQA Show:
I will start with my favorite from the show.
This was a small quilt, about 20 inches x 24 inches. I was most impressed with the tiny almost perfect machine quilting in the background. Of course, I took way too many pictures of the quilt but here they are. Click to enlarge the picture and see the details.
Center view.
This is what impressed me. The tiny itty bitty designs in the background.
Aren't they just fantastic?
Just wonderful.
Of course it won an award.
Another center view.
I did adjust the photo so the colors are not consistent from picture to picture but I wanted to feature the beautiful quilting.
Penguins for Ruth.
Close up.
I really liked these penguins.
This was called "The Gossips".
Portrait of a Quilter.
Another.
This is very small. The nine patches consist of 1/8 inch squares.
WHY? That is my hand to give you an idea on the size. I did not touch the quilt.
This is another miniature quilt.
Again, WHY???????????? Can you imagine the time it took to make this miniature? Once again, I did not touch the quilt.
"Another Faculty Hot Tub Party". There must be a story that goes along with this one.
Love those green shoes.
Do you know these women?
Heartbreak of a Quilter.

2 comments:
I love the penguin quilt - thanks for posting the photos so that I could see it! :)
Ma'am, please do NOT touch the quilts with your giant hand! Step away from the miniatures ...
Post a Comment