While I was visiting at my Mom's, I got a phone call from Lisa who is visiting in California. She was at the new home that Phyllis and Tim are purchasing in Burbank . I got to speak to Phyllis as well. Lisa will get a tour of the house and take pictures for all of us here to view.
While I was at Daisy's for our Charm group meeting tonight, I called Lisa and we all got to say hello to her. She is having a good time and was doing some quilting with her sister when we called.
There was tremendous damage done to trees and homes in and around Lansing from the storms from Friday, Saturday and Sunday. A women was killed when a travel trailer blew on top of her. Many trees were blown down, roofs and homes were damaged and power lines were downed. Many thousands are still without power including many of my friends and coworkers. I am thankful that no major damaged happened at my home and I did not loose power. I did loose several good size branches from my big maple and the lawn is scattered with leaves and twigs. Another bad storm is expected tonight but nothing so far.
On Saturday at the movie, the sound effects outside the theater were quite loud. The power went out half way through the movie and they got it running again by generator so we could see the whole movie. The shopping mall lost all power and all the street lights were out on my way home. I had to wind my way home through the neighborhood since many large trees were downed from the winds. There will be a lot of cleanup to do in the coming days. The sound of chain saws could be heard this morning as I was getting ready for work.
The movie was not disappointing and Big was as wonderful as ever.

1 comment:
Thanks for the pictures of Jackson - he is a handsome young boy. I think he looks a lot like his little sister!!!!
Post a Comment