Yesterday the staff in our agency held a fundraising bake sale for one of our co-workers with a daughter who has cancer. She was doing well but recently it was learned that it had spread. She is a darling young girl and it just breaks our hearts. Anyway, the organizers were hoping to raise about $500 to help the family cover some expenses but instead they raised $2170!!! Aren't humans amazing?
Tonight Ruth, Sophie and I went to the Lansing Community College summer play, Wonder of the World. It was originally planned for outdoors but due to the rainstorms they moved it inside to the Dart Auditorium. It was a comedy but contained story lines and circumstances that were a little traumatic for Ruth and I. The play started with the main character packing her bags to move out on her husband while he was at work. Sound familiar? Toward the end of the play one of the characters was dressed as a clown. Ruth does not like clowns. Most of the background music in the play was by the Carpenters. Remember them? I used to own the album they were playing. It included my favorite, "Close to You". It made me think back to Jr. High School. All in all the play was very good and we all laughed.
The quilts from NQA that are featured today are mostly based on the New York Beauty pattern.
Same quilt as above but I altered the color with my computer program. I prefer this color combination to the original. I think my photo fix program might come in handy when I am deciding the color scheme for my New York Beauty.

No comments:
Post a Comment