Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Quick Garden Tour

The cooler weather has been great for sleeping and giving the A/C a break. I am getting excited about Columbus and began packing for the trip. My kitties know that I am leaving and they are being very clingy and want my constant attention. They are so spoiled. Lisa will take very good care of them.

Here are more recent garden pictures for your enjoyment.
My all time favorite lavender is growing heartily in the lavender garden.
This is Lavender Grosso, it gets very tall.
An all over view of the lavender garden that surrounds my smaller patio. The garden also contains coral bells that are loved by the humming birds and destroyed on occasion by the squirrels.
Clematis blooms ready to burst.
Goliath hydrangea, this gets very big pink flowers if I can get the buds to survive the early spring freeze and frost.
Evening Primrose that I got many years ago from my friend Debra who lives in Grand Rapids now. She and her husband Tom are avid gardeners.
More evening primrose.
Stella d"Oro Daylily
True Geranium. Johnson's Blue, I think.
More lavender. Breathe in, can you smell the subtle clean smell of lavender. I just love the scent of lavender.
My neighbor Melissa is visiting family in Minnesota so I have been taking care of her cat, Kaida. Kaida is a fun cat. She is constantly moving and really likes me to play with her. She has a cute way of dragging or stretching her legs when she walks. She also likes to be held like a baby. I imagine she enjoys having the house to herself since Melissa's two dogs are staying with another friend.
Kaida likes to roll around in the living room and play with her toys went I come over to feed her.
She likes to climb on me to get me to pick her up.
Time to finish packing and give myself a manicure. I am so excited about getting away for a few days. Stay tuned for news about my trip and lots of quilt pictures.





No comments: