After attending a Habitat meeting this evening, I decided to clean up the twigs, branches and leaves in my yard. It took me about an hour to fill a large lawn bag with all the debris. Some of the mess has been blown into my gardens and some of the smaller pieces will get mulched when the lawn gets mowed. Mother Nature sure is messy.
The poison ivy patch is not quite dead yet so I gave it another squirt of the herbicide. With all the rain, the weeds are starting to sprout everywhere. I pulled as many as I could tonight. I am sure there will be more this weekend.
I bought a new fertilizer spreader a few weeks ago and I assembled it tonight. The instructions say that it takes 10 minutes or less to put it together. I did not time myself but I don't think it took over 10 minutes. And I did not need any tools. Weed and Feed will be spread this weekend.
I have more quilts from the Chicago International Show for you to see. Here they are: Very colorful applique quilt.
Up close. I love the background of this quilt and the use of many different fabrics in the same colors. Use of more fabrics makes a quilt much more interesting. Gone are the days of quilts with three, four or five fabrics. More is better.
Four separate quilts.
Great use of color.
Up close. Simple piecing with diagonal cuts on a square. Very effective quilting.
A rose.
Interesting. Click this to enlarge.
Another great use of embellishments. Lots of buttons and beads.
Lisa is flying home from California tonight. We can't wait to see the pictures of Phyllis's new home.

No comments:
Post a Comment