Friday, June 6, 2008
Garden Tour
It has been a very rough day for me. I don't have much to say so....here are pictures of my garden. I took these last night. A major storm system just rolled through the area and the high winds flattened some of the flowers you are going to see. We didn't have any damage in my immediate area but the TV reports that there were homes destroyed from possible tornadoes or straight line winds not too far from here. Enjoy the garden.....
This is a beautiful dark purple iris that I originally got from my friend Daisy.
This is Clustered Bell Flower (campanula glomerata). I love this plant. It is not invasive and has a beautiful color.
The Welch's Grape Juice scented iris.
Another one from Daisy.
My first red poppy popped the other day. Today more have opened but they are not upright after the rain. I really do not like the color red but this is a blue red and these poppies are wonderful and show up every year.
This is the look of the poppy from yesterday. The buds are very tall and once it reached over my head.
Some call this Snow in Summer (Cerastium). It is a good ground cover. I like the silver foliage.
California Poppy. I planted these from seeds years ago. They continue to reseed each year.
My Red Bud that came up from seed from a now deceased Red Bud. It is getting very tall.
Frances Williams hosta.
Another hosta.
Halcyon hosta.
Blue Angel hosta.
Smoke Tree.
New growth on the Smoke Tree branch that blew over last Thanksgiving. I might just let it keep growing to see what happens.
Lime Light hydrangea in the back and Annabelle hydrangea in front.
The (hopefully) dying poison ivy. I have sprayed it two times. I might have to hit it again. It is quite vigorous.
The shade garden is really growing fast.
Red Dragon Japanese Maple.
Japanese Painted Fern.
Chipmunki holus grande. Only one of many in my yard. I bet this would cause a good sprain if you weren't careful. I gave up trying to fill them in. They just get redug in a matter of days. They must have an enormous subway system in my backyard.
My all time fav....lavender. I have lots of lavender plants. I love the fragrance and the flower and the leaves. Some even came up from seed for me. I don't think I lost any this past winter but sometimes they don't make it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Your gardens look wonderful. I will have to stop by for a visit soon.
Powerful winds and rain this evening....no damage here.
See you soon.
Had forgotten I gave you the Iris. Mine are beautiful again this year. Haven't seen what the wind and rain did to them this late afternoon... Daisy
Post a Comment