Monday, June 16, 2008

Cubby Visits

The temperature turned cooler this evening but it is a nice relief. The sky threatened rain but none appeared so far. We really don't want too much more rain, after seeing the flooding and damage to homes and towns in Iowa, Wisconsin, and Indiana we can appreciate not having too much rain. Besides, this area is still trying to recover from the tornado and high winds. Jenny, the gov, has called in the National Guard to help clean up the downed trees and damage to the homes and other facilities. Heavy equipment trucks were up and down my street yesterday and again today. They are picking up tree limbs and cutting broken branches and trees.
I am frantically getting things done around the house so I can head to Columbus for the National Quilting Association annual show and classes. I love coming home to a clean home after being away. I am looking forward to some time away with Linda and other quilters. We will see lots of quilts and vendors, and get to see some of the wonderful town of Columbus. We both enjoy the North Market and we are anticipating our visits there for lunches.
This evening Lisa, Cubby, Ruth, Sadie and Dora stopped by while they were taking a walk and I took a break from dusting. Cubby who will be two years old on October 6th can say my name. He yelled out "Hi Cyncee" or something like that. It was so cute.
Cubby (Jacob) is Lisa's grandson and he likes to go for rides in his stroller. He gets to see ducks at the Tollgate Ponds.
He just got his hair cut and now he looks more like a little boy than a toddler.
Cubby looks at his Grandma.
What a cute haircut.
Dora had to get her picture taken too. She is shy and didn't want to face the camera.
Sadie knows how to smile and pose for the camera.
Sadly, Ruth and Lisa told me the news about one of our quilt guild members, Betty Stephenson, she passed away suddenly this morning. Betty is the mother of two other guild members, Jo and Mary. I also went to high school with another daughter, Kathy. Betty was a delightful person and was always positive and happy. She was one of the early members of our guild so I have known her for twenty-five plus years. I will always remember her smile and laugh. God Bless you Betty.



No comments: