Thursday, June 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Johnny!!/Quilts

Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Johnny, Happy Birthday to you!Today is my nephew John's sixth birthday. I call him John but most of the family call him Johnny. He is a very skilled athlete for a six year old. He plays soccer, hockey, baseball and he swims. I called him to wish him a Happy Birthday today and he told me that he won several of his races in swimming this morning. He is also a very big helper. He often helps Grandma Dee with yard work and other things around the house and he is always cheerful about it. He also has the brightest eyes that you could ever imagine. Most of all he is a good brother to Carl, Sam and Ben.
John is taking piano lessons.
John and his older brother Carl are big hockey fans.
John and the family pet, Lucy.

Here are more quilts from the NQA show in Columbus:
This was spectacular with the color use.
Up close.
This quilt was made by six different quilters. You might be able to see the six different strips where each one did her own applique in her own colors. Quite a unique group project. I wonder who ended up owning the finished product.
I just love this one. Guess Why, yup, the Lime Green. I might use this idea in a future block exchange project.
A great selection of black and white fabrics were used.
New York Beauty inspired. I really want to make a New York Beauty Quilt, but I am still looking for the right color scheme.
Up close.
How about ORANGE!!
Isn't it ORANGEOUS. I think I will start collecting more oranges.
Puzzle Quilt. I like the bright colors.
Close up.
I just loved this quilt and you can tell because I took many photos of it. Someone promised to send me the pattern. It is supposed to be easy. I think I even have the fabrics for it.

The quilt maker posed for a picture with her quilt.
It was an award winner.
Can't get enough of those colors.
One more look.
It was good and hot today. It is thundering out right now. It will surely be humid tomorrow. Thank God for A/C!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you get the pattern for the bright squares quilt, I would like to see it. I expect you to use some "raspberry" in the black and white with lime ---??? I'm trying to catch up on many things.