After work, I ran some quick errands because I had an important appointment with my nephew, Xander. He had a surprise for me and I needed to be on time for the surprise. I quickly stopped to pick up some Riverwalk Theatre tickets for the upcoming reprise of the musical hit, The Full Monty. Then I stopped at the Allen Street Farm Market and purchased some juicy red strawberries, several lettuces, onions, nine grain bread and an oregano plant. The Allen Street Market is a wonderful market that is open every Wednesday during the season.
Next, I headed to East Lansing to see Xander and Jessica. Xander met me at the door and then presented me with the most wonderful gift I have ever received. He made me a blanket. His mom, Shelley, said that he was asking her about his baby quilt and Jessica's baby quilt and who made them. When Shelley told him that I made both of them he said he wanted to make me a blanket. What a thoughtful child!
Xander and I played with his toys and blocks and spelled his name and mine and even "Mommy" with his blocks. He even read all of the words. Xander is 3 years and 4 months old and knows his numbers and his alphabet. We also played catch with a baseball and a football.
I was still wearing my work identification tag when I was visiting Xander and he asked what it was. When I told him that I use it to get into my office when I go to work, he kindly informed me, "Girls don't work". Boy has he got a lot to learn. When I told him it was time for me to go home, he asked me if I could stay just six more minutes. How could I resist? Xander and Jessica are such cuties.

2 comments:
How sweet of Xander to make you a special blanket! I can't believe how big Jessica is getting. It will be fun to have all the kids together at the cookout in July.
Thanks for the peak into your time with the kids.
What a special gift!!!
Love seeing the pics of Xander and Jessica.......
Post a Comment