Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hooray for Rain!!!

It finally rained today. The grass is greener and beaming a big smile. The trees are bent over with the weight of the rain on the leaves. I am sure they will be standing tall soon. We really needed the rain and two days of rain would be okay.

The computer server at work was acting up so it was very frustrating trying to accomplish anything today. It is amazing how dependent we are on computer technology and the internet. Going paperless does have its drawbacks though.

The day was not a total waste. I had lunch with a good friend. He is wise beyond his years and has restored my belief that there are still good men in the world. After work I got to meet with Julia, Pauline and Dennis at the Capital Region Community Foundation. They all work hard at managing the endowment funds and donations for many nonprofits in our community. Julia is a quilter and she told me about a baby quilt she has planned for a new nephew. How exciting.

Here are some more of the quilts from the Chicago International Quilt Show April 2008. Most of these are from the journal quilts. You should be able to click on the picture to enlarge it to see the details.
Perhaps "Forest Stump" is a play on words for Forest Gump?

This reminds me of my Japanese Maples in the back yard.

Up close flower. Georgia O"Keefe inspired?

Lots of embellishments on this one.

This must be hand dyed fabric. Great embellishments too.

Enlarge this to view. I really like the way these all look together.

Unique techniques.

Great embellishments.

This tree looks like it is dancing.

The tree of life.

This was fantastic. It looks like a watercolor painting.

Up close.
I started refurbishing the lamp and the bench from the garage sales. Stay tuned.


No comments: