The food was excellent as always and we had a great time talking about old friends and fun times. Clarisa and Rex have two children, Joe, who is in law school and was married last summer and Stephanie, who is a student at MSU. I can't believe that they are old enough to have grown children, especially since we are so young. Rex is really young. The poor thing hasn't turned 50 yet and he doesn't hesitate to remind us. But his time will come.
I forgot my camera so these pictures are from several months ago.
Clarisa is a teacher and gets to enjoy her summers. I think this is a great picture of her.
Rex and Ken in my living room at my 50th birthday party. Ken, Rex and I were all in the same homeroom in high school. Ken and his family live directly behind me. Clarisa and Rex used to live one block east of Ken's street. They still live in the neighborhood but now they live closer to my Mom. Clarisa's parents and sister and her family also live in the neighborhood. After we had dinner we strolled around the Eastwood Towne Center and then headed back to their home. I showed them my blog and then Rex showed me around his gardens. He is an avid gardener. He has many hostas that I don't have and we agreed to exchange hostas in the future. They have a beautiful yard with a very unique fountain. The water comes up through a hole drilled in a large rock. So relaxing.
Rex helped me put mulch on my gardens last summer. I am forever grateful for his help. They have both been very supportive friends this past year. I really enjoyed spending the evening with them. We promised to do it again soon.

1 comment:
Talk about a small world --- I did some sewing for Clarisa and her daughter. We were surprised to see each other at your party. ...and, I may be mistaken --- but I think Ted and I graduated with Rex's older sister, Janice.
Post a Comment